Are you wondering if you can find someone’s IP address from Discord or if someone can find yours from the same social platform?
The answer is yes; anyone can extract IP address information from Discord. However, it isn’t a simple process; instead, some people use different tools to remove the IP info.
One thing to note here is that accessing the Discord server means you are disclosing your IP address. However, Discord doesn’t have any part in sharing your IP address publicly.
Is it Possible to Get Someone’s IP From Discord?
You can use a ready-made IP logger to learn about Discord user’s IP addresses. Alternatively, you can also create your IP logger.
One thing you need for the successful implementation of both methods is social engineering skills. It’s essential to convince the intended person to click on the link you share to reveal the Discord IP address without his/her knowledge.
Using Grabify to Get Other People IP
First, let’s develop a basic understanding of how IP addresses work. Whenever your computer, laptop, or smart device sends any browsing or streaming request to the Internet, it sends information about your IP address. However, the IP information is private, and only webserver admins can access it.
Courtesy of different IP loggers such as Grabify, you can access the IP address of varying Discord users.
Steps to Get Someone’s IP Address
Grabify is free software that allows you to get someone’s IP from Discord if you follow these steps:
- First, you need to select a URL that you want to share with the person whose IP address you want to know.
- It would help if you were mindful while selecting the URL of the website that you think the receiver might be interested in opening.
- For instance, you can share the URL of a funny or interesting video or image.
- Next, you need to use the relevant content as bait alongside the web URL.
- After finalizing the URL, open the Grabify homepage.
- You must paste the URL in the input field, available at the top of the page.
- Next, you can find two options: Create URL and Tracking Code under the URL input bar.
- You must click the “Create URL” option so that Grabidy generates a shortened form of URL.
- Additionally, it provides you with a tracking code that you can use later to access the target user’s IP address.
- The next step is to open Discord and send a direct message to the person whose IP address you want to find out.
- If the target person clicks the link, you can get information about the IP address.
- When the person clicks on the shortened URL you send, the request doesn’t go to the website first; instead, it goes directly to Grabify.
- The tool captures the IP addresses before forwarding the request to the actual URL.
- You need to open the Grabify website again and enter the tracking code you got previously.
- This time, you must select the “Tracking Code” button and hit enter.
- Now, you can see all the requests sent to the URL you shared on Discord.
- You can also see different information and IP addresses, such as geolocation, user agent, OS, hostname, and more.
Alternatively, using Wireshark or IP blogger website allows you to find someone’s IP address, just like Grabify.
Using Your IP Logger For Finding Others IPs
It’s going to be a fun section in which you’ll learn a new skill.
Grabify is an easy method to get someone’s IP from Discord; however, you are never sure if the method will succeed even after clicking the URL.
In return, the recipient can use different tools to convert the shortened URL to the actual one. This way, the request won’t go to Grabify but the existing website. Moreover, you can’t get others’ IP addresses if they are using a VPN connection.
If you think the recipient can suspect the shortened URL, you need to opt for another solution. You can create your website with a domain.
But wait, does that mean you need to be a website developer?
Not necessarily, but you must know how to code. Moreover, you may need to spend your pocket money to buy a domain name. Rest, follow these steps:
- You can write the code of your website in a preferred language such as PHP.
- Furthermore, the website should have a function to capture the IP address of the requesting person.
- The website should contain relevant content to attract the Discord recipient.
- After coding the website, you need to make sure to host it on a domain.
- You can opt for a paid or a free hosting plan, depending upon the requirement.
- Once the website is up, you can share the link on Discord to the recipient whose IP address you want to find out.
- Lastly, you can check the IP address in the IP log.
Using Discord IP Grabber to Get Someone’s IP from Discord
The Discord IP Grabber is essentially a python file that can share the target’s IP address, city, and other details if you follow the below steps:
- Go to the discord developers website: Discord.
- Next, navigate to “New Application” and give it a name.
- Navigate to OAuth2 settings to add a redirect link from the option, “Add Redirect.”
- Next, copy the Client ID and Client Secret and enter the information in the .php file.
- You must create a new file with the name logs.txt within the same directory.
- The next step is to open the Discord app and go to settings on the left side.
- Navigate to “Developer mode” and enable it.
- Now go to the contacts, and click the recipient person in the Discord panel.
- Right-click on the name and copy ID.
- Go to the Discord IP resolver website and paste the ID.
- Now, you can see the IP address of the contacts from Discord.
Disclaimer: You can only obtain the P address of the user when he/she is online.
There can be several reasons to find out someone’s IP address from Discord. For instance, you may require someone’s IP address to establish a secure connection between the two devices. Not only that, but you can also trace a lost or stolen phone and its location to catch the culprit. Lastly, you can also IP ban someone who is annoying you online while keeping your identity anonymous.
Whatever your reason may be, you need to send a link or a message to the person, without which you can’t find someone’s IP address from Discord.