Hey, do you enjoy watching your favorite shows and movies on the bigger screen? I bet you do; most of us do, right!!
Today we have smartphones, which means we have the universe under our fingertips. We can have the whole collection of Content we want to watch anytime and anywhere without any hindrance, yet the experience of a bigger television screen beats smartphones.
However, until we have a good internet connection, we can’t enjoy our favorite shows or play games at any time we like on television; instead, we have to watch whatever is fetched by the broadcast.
So, what if I tell you that your whole collection of content on your Mobile device can be watched on TV or projector. You heard me right; science has made that possible with the screen mirroring technology.
You can experience everything that your phone has on your television with the help of screen mirroring.
What is Screen Mirroring, and how does Screen Mirror work
Screen mirroring is sharing the screen of your phone, tablet, or computer on a bigger screen like a TV or Projector, with or without any internet connection.
You can mirror whatever is playing on your device on the TV without the quality being compromised, be it videos, images, documents, or any games.
Today, newer models have the built-in feature (wireless receiver) that allows screen mirroring without wifi with just a simple click. Any Android, iPhone, Windows, etc., can be mirrored on the TV.
Is it possible to screen mirror without Wifi?
Yes, You can mirror your phone on tv without Wifi or mobile data. However, you must download it in advance to enjoy the content through screen mirroring without WiFi. Because without an internet connection, you’ll not be able to browse or watch anything online.
You will have access to only those videos, games, pictures, etc., that are inside your mobile. So here are a few ways to screen mirroring your mobile phone to tv without Wifi.
For a better experience, you may need a wifi connection. However, some devices may not have built-in Wi-Fi connectivity but support screen mirroring on tv without wifi; that is when Miracast comes in handy; it does the job without needing any internet connection.
Miracast is a wireless connection technology designed to connect mobile, tablet, or computer screens on TV wirelessly. It doesn’t use an HDMI port or any other internet wires. Most of the latest devices like laptops, mobile phones, and smart TV support this technology.
Whatever you see on your phone screen, tablet, or laptop screen, you can see the same on your smart tv screen without wires. This creates a direct wireless connection between the sending and receiving devices. And the exchange of Content takes place faster than through Bluetooth.
Today, we have various miracast receivers like Microsoft Screen Sharing for Lumia Phones and the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, which Microsoft itself sells. In contrast, in the Amazon fire TV stick, there is built-in miracast streaming.
- No internet is needed for sending and receiving the content.
- It can be used instead of HDMI cables.
- Any file and content can be transferred.
- As another wireless technology is not required, it is cost-effective.
- You don’t need a complex setup procedure; it is straightforward.
- Not supported on many devices.
- The sender and receiver (display device) must be Miracast certified to pair. For those devices not having wifi capability, miracast certified adapters can be used to pair with miracast devices. Still, those adapters come with interfaces like HDMI or USB cable, making them even costlier.
- Problematic most of the time.
- We need to be on the same network
Chromecast is a hardware device that you can use to send content from one device and view it on another, even without Wifi.
It can also be conducted with an iPhone
You can do it by using Guest Mode on Google Home App. To know that your Chromecast device has Guest Mode, go through the following steps.
1. Go to the Google Home App
2. Click the name of the device
3. Click on the settings button
4. Slide down and search for Guest Mode.
5. Underneath the Guest Mode, enable it and tap ON if the PIN is not written.
Steps to phone screen mirroring on your smart TV without wifi
1. Turn on your phone’s Hotspot
2. Open the Google Home app and press the Account tab.
3. Then select the Mirror device.
4. Now tap Cast Screen/Audio.
5. Finally, you can enjoy a screen mirror from your Android phone screen to your smart TV without wifi.
- You can cast on TV without WiFi from a phone, tablet, or computer.
- Easy and quick to use.
- Frequent updates are available, enabling new features.
- No remote control makes it uneasy to find something you want to watch or change the volume if you have your phone on charge.
ScreenBeam Mini2 is an easy-to-use plug-in device that works even without an internet connection. It is a good substitute for HDMI cables that operate without Wifi connection.
The best part is that there’s no need to download any third-party app. Instead, you can screencast any content from Your mobile device or computer to a smart TV screen. You need to plug the Mini2 into your big screen, and it is connected!!
You can watch your favorite movies, share pictures, enjoy favorite games and also listen to your music playlist without your home network.
It supports devices with Miracast like Windows 8.1+/10 and also Android 4.2+. However, iOS and Windows 11 are not compatible.
- Unlike other devices, you don’t need to pay a monthly subscription bill. However, you have to pay a one-time fee for ScreenBeam Mini2 wireless display adapter and the receiver itself.
- It’s portable; you can carry it anywhere you like and enjoy your favorite content. For example, while traveling, download any content in advance from sources like Netflix and Hulu and enjoy it on the hotel smart TV. Or even during meetings, plug the ScreenBeam Mini2 into the display and project the presentation.
- You don’t need to run hither and thither for cables and connectors.
- It doesn’t support the iPhone.
- Doesn’t work with the older models.
Apple Digital AV Lightning Adapter
You can enjoy the high-resolution videos, images, and games on the bigger screen with the Apple Digital AV Lightning Adapter. It is the easiest method to mirror your iPhone on your television without a Wi-Fi connection; plug in the adapter on the mobile charging port located at the bottom of the phone.
You can also charge Mobile devices with the adapter, for which mobile devices need to have an additional port. It can also be connected to any HDMI display nearby.
Apple peer-to-peer airplay
You can use the apple peer-to-peer feature when you want to mirror mobile without a wi-fi network. This method works only when the devices are capable of receiving Airplay broadcasts. Any physical connection or HDMI is not needed for screencasting.
The Peer-to-peer Airplay feature uses Bluetooth to mirror iPhone on Smart TVs without wireless connections.
However, you’ll get the feature on 4th generation apple Tv or 3rd generation Apple TV Rev A, which should be operating on Apple TV software. The feature doesn’t function on older iOS devices.
Steps to mirror iPhone to TV with peer-to-peer Airplay feature without internet connection.
1. Go to settings on Apple TV.
2. Open the network settings and disable WI FI connection by clicking on Forgot network
3. As the peer-to-peer feature requires Bluetooth to connect, you should link your devices to Bluetooth.
4. Now, even though you won’t be using the WIFI connection, you should turn it on. It helps in the better communication of two devices.
5. The Airplay controls will appear on your iOS device control center and a screen mirroring option.
6. Tap on the Screen Mirroring option in the Control Center, and the TV will get enlisted in your iOS device.
7. After that, you’ll receive a password on the TV screen. You’ll have to enter it on the phone.
8. Now enjoy the connection.
Use Different apps like Allcast/Kodi/Plex
You can also opt for these apps if you don’t have a proper Wifi connection or are running out of data.
Download the movies and videos in advance and cast them on any bigger screen using Chromecast.
You can use Allcast for Android devices and Plex for iOS.
Use HDMI cable
HDMI cable can also connect your phone to a smart TV. However, while connecting the phone to your smart TV, you might need to sit closer to your TV screen because the cord wouldn’t be too long.
You will need an MHL adapter and a micro USB cable to connect an HDMI port to your phone.
Here’s how you can connect it
- First of all, connect the HDMI cable to the TV’s HDMI port.
- Now connect the MHL adapter to your Android device.
- Plugin the micro-USB cable into the MHL adapter. The other end should be directly plugged into a USB port on your TV.
- Now connect the HDMI cable and the MHL adapter. And you’re good to go.
Although there are various ways to mirror a screen, various factors matter for the connection, like the model of the TV, the features it has, whether it is a smart TV or old modeled, etc.
Therefore, you’re good to go if you have the latest smart devices. I hope you find the article helpful.