Showbox box is a relatively new streaming app similar to the Popcorn Time. And, it has been the talk of the town lately for all the obvious reasons, mainly because of legality issues. It is a free streaming app (bye, bye to Netflix and Amazon Prime) with movies and tv shows that even have new releases!
Now, I know the pleasure of streaming movies and tv shows on a bigger screen, like your TV rather than watching on your phone or laptop. And, when it comes to Showbox, there is no better option than streaming Showbox to Chromecast.
For those of you who don’t know about Chromecast, it is a small device that is used to display the screen of your tablet or phone on a TV or LCD. It is basically screen mirroring.
Just to be clear, we still respect the “all rights reserved” statement issued by all movie makers as all the credit goes to them. And we don’t advocate using apps like Showbox as legal.
Which casting app works with Showbox?
Buying a Chromecast device isn’t all you need for streaming your Showbox tv shows and movies to your TV. You’ll also need an app that has a media player that supports Showbox, as the Showbox itself can not cast to the TV through Chromecast alone.
There are many intermediary apps used for this purpose, such as LocalCast and Allcast. There are premium plans available as well.
However, the best app is undoubtedly LocalCast. The reason for opting for LocalCast over any other app is that there are no restrictions on the streaming length.
How do I put Showbox on my Smart TV?
Well, it is no surprise that the Showbox app is not available on Google Play Store: all credit goes to the streaming piracy abilities. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t download Showbox on your Android phone. All you need to do is allow the installation of apps through unknown resources through the settings on your phone and then download the Showbox app from the Showbox.fun website as an APK.
We know it is not exactly a piece of cake to install the Showbox App, but we have simplified the process for you. Follow the steps given below:
- Go to the settings on your Android phone
- Now, scroll down till the bottom of the page until you find the “Apps and Notifications” option.
- Under the “Advanced” section in Apps and Notifications, you’ll find a toggle switch with the label “Apps from unknown sources”. Enable that toggle.
- Now exit the settings window and go to the Showbox.fun website to download the Showbox application as an APK.
Now comes the real question, how will you be able to put Showbox on a bigger screen such as your Smart TV. That isn’t simple either. For that, you’ll be needing a casting device, i.e., Chromecast and a casting application, as Showbox doesn’t allow ChromeCast support directly.
How do I use LocalCast with Showbox?
You might already know that there is no builtin feature for Chromecast in Showbox, but don’t worry. You can stream your videos using Showbox and Chromecast through an intermediary app called LocalCast. LocalCast is an ad-support app that enables you to stream videos without downloading a Cast supported player.
Here is how you can use LocalCast with Showbox:
- Firstly, download Showbox and LocalCast for Chromecast on your phone through Google Play Store.
- Now, head over to the Showbox app and from the left menu select “settings”
- In the settings menu, select “other player” as your default player
- Now, go back to the homepage and select any movie of your choice that you want to cast and click on “watch now” button
- Once the video loads, then android will prompt you to select the media player. Select the LocalCast from the options. It is recommended to select this option as “just once” unless you want to cast videos all the time
- After selecting LocalCast, you’ll be taken to that app and from the list of given options select “ChromeCast”
Now you’ll be using LocalCast’s interface to control the video instead of Showbox’s interface. And your TV will display a prompt for connecting to LocalCast and start connecting to a URL. Please note that it might take thirty seconds to play the video, so be patient.
How do I use Allcast with Chromecast?
Allcast is another application similar to LocalCast. It is primarily used to cast your videos on TV from the Android device through Chromecast. At times, Chromecast alone can’t do it, and in that case, Allcast will save you.
First of all, make sure that your Chromecast is set up properly, and it is connecting to your Android device via WiFi. You can do that through the official Chromecast application. Once the syncing process is done, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Showbox application and select any movie of your choice
- Then click on the “Watch now” button
- It will prompt you to select a player, select the Allcast player from the list
- Now the Allcast app will automatically detect the Chromecast connected to your phone, select that, and your TV will start playing the video. It might take some time to load the video, have some patience.
Finally, Showbox offers email support to its users. If you have any queries, you can visit this page, and submit your query with your name and email address. All the required fields are marked. Showbox will reply to your email address after getting your question.