Nothing beats the pleasure of watching your favorite YouTube videos on a big screen. With the recent advancement in technology, you can easily connect your phone to your TV to enjoy the whole entertainment experience with better visuals and better sound.
So, how to connect YouTube from phone to TV?
There are multiple ways to go about the process, depending on the type of phone and TV you own. In this post, we’ll take you to step by step through each method to help you connect YouTube from phone to tv.
You’ll have no issues connecting your device to the TV once you’re done reading this post.
Which Devices Allow Your Phone to Connect to the TV
Before we jump into the methods, you need to ensure that your device can connect to other Smart devices.
The main thing you need to access YouTube on the TV screen is connecting to the WiFi. Both your phone and TV must be intelligent devices that can access the Internet for this to work correctly.
If your TV can connect to the WiFi, it means you have a smart TV and have nothing to worry about. However, if your TV can’t connect to the WiFi, don’t panic. This does not mean that you will have to invest in a new TV. Instead, you can invest in devices like Chromecast to help you connect to WiFi and other internet applications.
Here are some devices that support WiFi on big screens:
- Smart TVs
- Android TV
- Google TV
- PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4
- Xbox 360 and Xbox One
- Wii U
Connecting Your Android Phone to Your TV
If you have an Android phone, connecting to a smart TV is a piece of cake. Just follow these steps:
- Ensure that both your smart TV and phone are correctly set up and are connected to the WiFi.
- It would be best if you made sure that both devices are connected to the same WiFi network. Otherwise, the process might not work correctly.
- Make sure the casting on your TV is on.
- Open the YouTube app on your phone.
- Select the video that you want to play.
- Next, you need to tap on the Cast icon on the top right of your screen. The Cast icon is a rectangle with a WiFi icon on the bottom left.
- A screen will pop up, giving you a list of devices you can cast to. Select your smart TV to connect to it.
The process might take a few minutes, depending on the stability of your WiFi connection. Once your phone is connected to the TV, you can play the video and enjoy it. You can control the tape from your phone and your TV.
If you want to disconnect, tap on the Cast icon again to disable the connection.
Connecting Your iPhone to Your TV
Connecting to your TV with your iPhone is also a simple task. With the proper guidelines, you’ll be able to communicate in a matter of minutes.
Here’s a step by step guide for playing Youtube videos from your iPhone to TV:
- Firstly, you need to make sure your TV and phone are both set up correctly.
- Next, ensure both your iPhone and your smart TV are connected to the same WiFi.
- You will also need to ensure the casting on your TV is on.
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Next, open the video you want to cast on the TV screen.
- On the top right of your mobile screen, you’ll see the Cast icon. It’s a rectangle with a WiFi sign on the left side.
- A pop-up screen will appear after you tap on the Cast icon, find your smart tv in the list of devices to connect to it.
Keep in mind that if your device is iOS 14 or later, you will need to provide permission to YouTube separately to connect to streaming devices on your local network.
Just follow these steps to grant permission to cast YouTube using iOS 14 or later:
- First, go to your device “Settings”.
- Next, scroll through the apps until you find YouTube.
- Once you tap on YouTube, toggle on the Local Network.
If you follow the steps mentioned above, you’ll be able to connect to Youtube with ease. To disconnect, tap the Cast icon again.
Connecting to TV Using a TV Code
Want to connect your device to the TV even when your TV isn’t connected to the WiFi?
You can do so after you link your device to your smart TV using a code. It’s pretty simple. Just follow these steps:
- First, you need to find the code. Then, ensure both your smart TV and phone are connected to the same WiFi connection.
- Start by opening the Youtube App on your smart TV.
- Then open “Settings”.
- Scroll down until you see “Link to TV code”. A blue TV code should appear on your screen.
- Open your phone and go to the YouTube app.
- Tap on your profile picture and then go to “Settings”.
- Find the option “Watch on TV” and select it.
- Tap “Enter TV Code” and enter the code that appeared on your TV screen.
Once your phone is linked to your TV, then you’re all set. You can watch videos on your TV from your phone even when your TV is not connected to the WiFi.
If you want to remove devices linked with a code, there are two ways you can go about the process.
The first method allows you to unlink from your smart TV:
- Open the Youtube app on your smart TV.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Next, open “Linked devices”.
- Then, select “Unlink all devices” to disconnect from all devices.
The second method allows you to unlink from your phone:
- Again, start by opening the YouTube app on your phone.
- Tap on your profile picture and then go to “Settings”.
- Then open “Watch on TV”.
- Find and select “Delete Devices”.
Find the device you want to unlink and tap on “DELETE”.
Connecting Your TV Directly to YouTube
If you have a smart TV, the chances are that your device already has the YouTube app installed. This means you can directly watch videos on the YouTube app without connecting to your phone.
You have to connect your smart TV to the WiFi and then open the YouTube app. After that, you can easily stream any video you want on the big screen.
Why watch videos on a small, cramped screen when you can enjoy the same content on a big screen with better visuals and better sound?
In this post, we listed various ways on how to connect YouTube from phone to TV. Regardless of the phone, you have, Apple or Android, you can connect to your smart TV with ease by following our instructions.